Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pierce - Age: 1 month, 16 days

So it has been a couple of days since I have posted and the main reason for that is because there really has been no change. He is sedated and on the ventilator till Tuesday when the surgeons do his first trach change.

Yesterday we got our first in depth trach class where we practiced on a doll and learned all about it. That was helpful and I think, although it will be difficult, it's not as fragile as I originally thought. Don't get me wrong, it is fragile and certainly requires a close watch and some special care, but overall, it looks like kids can have a very healthy productive life with one...that is if he even needs it that long, which I doubt. So now begins our practicing and slowly introducing us to taking care of it on Pierce. This will be nerve wracking and interesting. I will suction him for the first time today at his 4 o'clock cares. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Here is a picture of him today, all peaceful and hanging out.

Earlier he did sign a message for me to pass on to everyone. "Go 49ers. Stomp those sea chickens." I was shocked that he knew all that and could sign it while under sedation, but he is a tough little booger. And I concur.

Have a great weekend. I know we all will.

No comments:

Post a Comment