Friday, February 14, 2014

Pierce - Age: 10 weeks...I think

Man, oh man am I tired. Nicole is exhausted. This is tough. I thought that I was ready for the middle of the night feedings, etc. but I dont think that I was. Now, I have nothing to compare this to but regardless, this is tough. I think the most nerve wracking thing is having to trust a nurse to take care of your child while you are asleep. Someone that you dont know, someone who you dont trust, someone who is in your house when you are not awake. Its just weird. And irritating. And seems unnatural.

I am having a heck of a time putting together this blog post, so please bear with me.

Since we have brought him home, about 10 days, the nursing company couldnt cover two shifts. This is the most frustrating cause Nicole does have to sleep. The second most frustrating/scary part is that some of these nurses have not a darn clue what they are doing....sure, they all talk a good game, but when the time comes to play...they cant. It is so frustrating. I would guess that part of the reason why they cannot find a nurse for certain nights is because we keep firing them. I keep coming into the room (by either happenstance or from an alarm going off) and the nurse has done something wrong. The last time, the lady was pumping the ambubag as hard as she could. Now, this is scary cause he is a TINY baby. If I had not set the regulator on that bag to keep it so that it wouldnt go past a certain pressure....I think that it could have been bad. That is the sort of stuff that I am talking about. It is scary. Needless to say when I saw that, I snatched the bag right out of her hand and started doing it myself....and no, I dont plan on having her back.

Regardless of the problems with nursing care, Pierce has been doing well. He has had a couple of episodes which turn into dsats and bradys, but then other times he will have them and he will be fine. Last night, when we had no nurse, Nicole said that he slept though the night and had no incidents. I think that is great. Maybe he is really coming into his own and figuring it out.

Friday night, again, no incidents and slept through the night. Same with Saturday night. Overall it had been a good weekend. Oh, and yes, I started this post on Friday and am just finishing this post.

At this point, there is not much to report as far as things that are happening so I see this blog become more and more small comments with pictures attached. If something big happens it will be on here, but enjoy the pictures and know that we are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment